I welcome media inquiries and requests for comment or analysis. My areas of expertise are both substantive (social influence, social technology, social media, politics, news, misinformation) and methodological (network science, computational social science, big data, research ethics). My research seeks to answer questions such as:
- How do social connections form, and how do they change us?
- What is the role digital tools play in our social interaction and opinion formation?
- How do our social ties influence the news we read, the groups we join, our voting decisions?
- How do our local and digital communities affect our information and news consumption?
- Can we use social network mechanisms to curb the spread of false information/fake news?
- How can we conduct ethical and reproducible research using large-scale digital data?